Changelog.

Hier alle informatie in en over Neverendless-WoW
darkforcer
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door darkforcer » 24-07-2010 09:33

Hello Players of Neverendless.

As most of you know, we recently decided to poll the members on the decision about whether or not to put Relentless Gladiator's Gear into the Vote Shop.

I want to start out by saying this: yes, we did at one point say it was going to go in. The population seemed to want it and so we were going to do it, but once it was announced then other parts of the population voiced their opinion that it shouldn't be added. The admin team spent quite a while trying to gauge the feelings of the population in order to make this decision and quite honestly we couldn't tell which was the outcome that you the players desired.

And so roughly a week ago it was put to the vote, and almost 2000 people voted. The result: deadlock. Across the whole weekend the outcome kept switching back and forth, and by the end there were just 3 votes between the options. As I'm sure most of you can understand this is NOT enough of a majority to base a decision on and as far as we are concerned the poll finished up a draw.

This week the senior admins met to discuss this, and we came to the decision that we will NOT be putting Relentless Gladiator's Gear into the vote shop at this time. Our thinking behind the decision is this: a significant portion of the population is opposed to this idea (who they are, and what their motives are is not relevant), and while a roughly equal portion of the population are for this idea, we are by no means barring them from acquiring it we are merely not going to give it out for 'free'.

We hope the players understand our decision on this matter, and while we are not releasing this gear in the Vote Shop right now, we may decide to do so in the future.

Regards
Stewart

darkforcer
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door darkforcer » 26-07-2010 10:50

* You now get Emblems of Triumph from each boss defeated in most level 80 5-man heroic instance
* You now get Emblems of Triumph from each boss defeated in most level 80 raids (except Icecrown Citadel)

darkforcer
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door darkforcer » 27-07-2010 13:01

The following two mounts have been added to the Donation Shop at 25 Chips each:

* [Reins of the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher]
* [Reins of the Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher]

Regards,
Naerdiel

Ghasm
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door Ghasm » 29-07-2010 08:30

Changelog 28/07/10
Change log for the new database revision installed on july 28th

Icecrown Citadel

Creature data gathered 97%
Creature data installed 100% (All creatures are in the database but some need to be changed a bit with the data I am still missing)
Creature spawns 95%
Object data gathered 100%
Object data installed 100%
Object spawns 100%
Vendors 100%
Loot 90%
Misc (triggers, teleports, debuffs, buffs, etc) 100%
Scripts 0%

Ruby Sanctum

Creature data gathered 90%
Creature data installed 100% (All creatures are in the database but some need to be changed a bit with the data I am still missing)
Creature spawns 100%
Object data gathered 100%
Object data installed 100%
Object spawns 100%
Loot 0%
Misc (triggers, teleports, debuffs, buffs, etc) 0%
Scripts 0%

* Fishing Chair has been removed from the vote shop and players
* Fel Synergy has been corrected.
* Omen should no longer spawn near Silvermoon City
* Rueben Lauren now sells T10 armor.
* Matilda Brightlink now sells T10 armor.
* Horace Hunderland now sells T10 armor.
* Rafael Langrom now sells T10 armor.
* Moved the Ulduar portal back to its right location.
Afbeelding

Ghasm
The legendary and retired Guildmaster of DirtyDutch

darkforcer
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door darkforcer » 29-07-2010 12:08

Due to the abuse of the fishing chairs in the BGs we are removing them from both the game and the players. When we have time to fix them for the collision ingame we will return them to the vote shop.
Quick update on profession spells using effect "Create Tradeskill Item"

The following profession spells have been corrected.

Abyssal Shatter
Darkmoon Card of the North
Strange Tarot
Arcane Tarot
Shadowy Tarot
Darkmoon Card
Greater Darkmoon Card
Mysterious Tarot

darkforcer
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door darkforcer » 31-07-2010 13:32

I wanted to address the community about the current issue of stability, crashes and disconnections. On Wednesday we found that some of the libraries in the production server were causing errors with compiling new revisions. This made us switch to a previous revision of the core that was on the PTR server to keep the realm online and open rather than rebuilding the entire server box from scratch and having a long outage and downtime. We have been working about 20 hours a day since to clean up the problem that is far more complicated than we ever expected. We should have this issue under control in the next 24 hrs and then we will see far better stability. Please realize that we are doing everything we can to repair this situation that we can and will update again in 8 hours. The staff and myself are very sorry for the issues.

b

darkforcer
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door darkforcer » 01-08-2010 12:42

Hello Neverendless,

The last few days, as mentioned in Blackswann's post, we have had stability issues derived from a problem that the Developers have been working on. Sadly, in the efforts of fixing it, after a crash earlier today, it resulted in some data loss. Please understand that our Developers are only human, and mistakes happen in any programming environment. We are taking measures to prevent this from happening in the future.

However, the data loss has been centered mostly around Item loss. This includes, but may not be limited to: Guild Banks, Inventories, Auctions, Mails, etc from the past few days. The backup that we restored was from July 28th.

Items that have been purchased ingame, via Vendors, Trades or Auction House or gotten from the mail are sadly lost. However, items sent from the Vote Shop and Donation Shop since the backup, will be re-mailed to everyone sometime within the next hour.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused the community, and thank you for your enduring patience with us as we fix these issues.

Regards,
Naerdiel
Update: Honor, Epic Drops and Instance Drops will be doubled, as further compensation and with our sincerest apologies. This rate doubling will last until August 4th.

Regards,
Naerdiel

darkforcer
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door darkforcer » 04-08-2010 13:19

'What's going on'
Hello everyone.

So as some of you know, there was a problem earlier with the guild banks and character inventories, so I thought I'd fill you all in on what happened.

This evening i was cleaning up some of the temp resources that were used in the restore 4 days ago, in preparation for tonight's database backup. Unfortunately one of the devs involved in the weekend's work made a few... unconventional configuration changes, and as it happened one of those apparently unused resources was in fact being used for something rather important.

I'm not going to bore you with the details, but the short version is that while preparing for tonight's backups I erased something that just so happened to be something important in disguise. At the moment we're restoring the items, guild banks etc from last night's backup and once that's done we'll be bringing the server back up again.

I'm not sure what form exactly but we will be offering you all some kind of compensation for this additional issue, and I'm deeply sorry that this has happened yet again.

Rest assured that we will be taking steps to make sure this problem really is fixed this time, and that this won't happen again. (I know we said that last time, but apparently some of the staff were a little slow getting the steps done). Also I'm going to ask them to please stop labelling mission-critical stuff as "temp", and/or to make a note when something like that pops up. :P

Sorry once again folks, and I'll have details tomorrow on what exactly we're going to be doing to try and make up for this.

darkforcer
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door darkforcer » 05-08-2010 11:39

Hello Neverendless,

As we have suffered another rollback, this time only 24 hours, we have come about to another round of compensation for you all. For news on what happened this time, see here.

The Double Honor/Epic Drops/Instance Drops will be extended until Sunday, August 8th. 1000 Arena Points and 100 [Emblem of Frost] will be given out. All Vote Shop & Donation Shop Mail that was sent within the 24 Hour Rollback period will be re-sent.

Again, we extend our sincerest apologies for this mishap and thank you all for being such a great community and having patience with us during this time.

Regards,
Naerdiel

darkforcer
Forum beheer
Forum beheer

Bericht door darkforcer » 16-10-2010 10:57

Changelog 04/10/10
* Trial of the Crusader should now be operational.

Plaats reactie